Asus finally puts out an Eee PC 900 press release
Asus has finally gotten around to putting out an official press release to announce the Eee PC 900. Of course, we already know pretty much everything that’s in the press release at this point, but it’s nice to have confirmation.
Here are a few of the more interesting tidbits:
- Asus says 1 million Eee PCs have been sold since the product launched 5 months ago.
- The company believes the solid state disks are part of the key to the computer’s success. In other words, don’t go expecting a hard drive based model too soon.
- The new 8.9 inch 1024 x 600 display is purty.
- And you can take purty pictures with the new 1.3 megapixel webcam. Older units had a 0.3 megapixel camera.
- Goodbye “multi-touch,” hello “fingerglide.” Asus describes the new touchpad which can be manipulated with two fingers as “innovative,” even though it seems to be a pretty direct ripoff of the Macbook Air/iPhone interface.
Unfortunately there doesn’t appear to be a good picture in the press release, so I grabbed one for this post from Trusted Reviews. If you haven’t checked out their review yet, I highly recommend it. It’s choc full of good information.